Based in Skövde, Sweden
25 May, 2015
|USD (Xbox One)||$14,99|
Magnetic drops players into the role of a prisoner serving time for past crimes in a vast, ever-changing prison with chambers that shift in random patterns. The players are given a special magnetic gun, and are urged on by a sadistic warden controlling the complex. By manipulating and mastering magnetic forces, they must find a way out – but no choice is without consequence in Facility 7, where each chamber offers a unique challenge ranging from classic puzzles to moral choices. With countless puzzles to solve and a branching storyline, no playthrough is ever the same in Magnetic.
Guru Games was founded in 2013 by a group of enthusiastic students from the Skövde. We have worked on several projects, both big and small, the main one being Magnetic: Cage Closed, which was released in the summer of 2015 on Steam and later in August 2015 on XBOX One as well.
- Unique Tool - The magnet gun is a unique tool that can transform the environment, launch you through the air or assist with complicated box puzzles
- Diversity - The challenges in Magnetic come in many forms, and blend logical puzzles with skill based movement in a unique combination
- No playthrough is the same - Each choice has an impact on what comes next. New secrets and paths are just waiting for players to find them
Magnetic: Cage Closed - Xbox One Launch Trailer YouTube
Magnetic: Cage Closed - Developer Walk Through YouTube
Magnetic: Cage Closed Gameplay (E1) YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "“By the end of Magnetic: Cage Closed, you can forget portals; you’ll be thinking with magnets.”"
- Spencer Campbell, Hardcore Gamer
- "“A fun and ingenious adventure.”"
- Andrea Maderna, IGN Italy
- "“Interesting puzzles and a plot that keeps us hooked”"
- Antonio Gila, IGN Spain
- ""Enjoyable and challenging for the first playthrough tweaking on the Portal formula; yet suffers when trying to explore the branching storyline.""
- Steven Stites, Tech Raptor
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Guru Games allows for the contents of Magnetic: Cage Closed to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Magnetic: Cage Closed is legally & explicitly allowed by Guru Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://gurugames.se/presskit/sheet.php?p=Magnetic_%20Cage%20Closed.
Available for download from store.steampowered.com.
XBOX One Page
Available for download from store.xbox.com.
Have a look at our publisher's game page on gambitious.com.
About Guru Games
Guru Games is an independent game company working out of Skövde, Sweden. There are currently 4 members on our team and our goal is to create intense, story-focused experiences and games that you will play through in an evening but think about for a week. We want to leave players with something more than a short action extravaganza, we want to make them think about their actions within the virtual worlds that we create. We design our games in a way that let’s them choose their own path, but forces them to face the consequences of the choices they make. We believe that games should respect the players time and commitment, and therefore we focus on creating short games of high quality for busy people.
More information on Guru Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Magnetic: Cage Closed Credits
David “Kryckan” Norberg